Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Braaains, maybe?


I know this is a tad late for the massive attack wave of internet memes and such with a side of bath salts; I believe it went viral faster than an infection, which is astonishing from a certain perspective.  Our society is completely prepared for a zombie apocalypse compared to any other catastrophe that could befall our planet or species.  Droves of people have created plans on the premise of “just in case…” measures, preparing themselves for the worst case scenario so they and their loved ones are provided for; I suppose it could be useful in that “just in case…” situation.  I find this comically ironic, considering most of the populace don’t even have a 5 year plan for success, much less for life time goals or achievements.  I would also take a wager that most of the population doesn’t have a financial plan or will.  As society has progressed, the population doesn’t even need to plan out a “worst case” scenario with the laws that have been passed and acted upon. 

I dare say I don’t see many people planning for a stable or secure future; financial or otherwise.  I remember when I was younger and I was in school, my teacher asked the class what we wanted to be when we grew up.  Among the chorus of Doctors, Teachers, Policemans and Firemans; I was the lone rebel who exclaimed “A Toys R Us Kid”, rather loudly and proudly.  Granted, I was only joking at the time and I did get in trouble for it, I would still say the same thing- becoming an adult and maturing doesn’t mean losing hopes, dreams or imagination.  I still hold onto those “childish” ways and rebellion, in a lot of ways.  I, daresay, I find it more than a tad ironic for all my “immature” ways; I had a better head and mindset on my shoulders than the lot of them.   Most of them had marks against their permanent record before they were even fully adults by the legal definition of 18 years old.  What a shame, what a waste…

Why plan for success when it has been proven that a failed failure is a success as I’ve stated in a previous post?  If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again until you do.  I find this method similar to ramming ones face into a wall repeatedly or tapping the red hot burner of a stove just to make sure it’s working; what does one hope to accomplish?  Is it to really check if that burner is as hot as it looks?  Or maybe, to see if that wall really is a solid substance that will stop us dead in our tracks?  Even, a bit further, to test the resilience of something that will not bend nor break against the feeble attempts that a human body alone can apply?  If you added something more substantial than just a human body, then you might break down that wall; as it were, not too many people will grab a sledge hammer to get the job done.  They’d rather go all gung-ho at that wall, armed only with fists a-blazin’. 

I suppose it’s something similar to those schmucks out on the beaches during hurricane season, what is their reasoning?  This is the gem of it all.  They are in tip-top physical shape because of hours and hours of working out, preparing for one thing or another, so the winds up to umpteenth miles an hour doesn’t scare them one wit.  Personally, it’s not hard blowing winds or high slapping waves that scare me.  It’s what those winds and waves can move if properly motivated to; like the Volkswagen van parked next to the hippy that decided to duct tape himself to the palm tree parked next to it.  I particularly loved his dialogue concerning his well-being and such during such a terrible storm brewing, meanwhile, saying or thinking nothing of the vehicle parked next to him or the other trees swaying to and fro in the wind.  This isn’t worrisome or bothersome?   I know it would worry and bother the hell out of me; but that’s just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment